Father’s Day is around the corner, and that means we get to celebrate all the little milestones that we’ve walked with Dad. That’s why this month’s tuturorial is perfect to show your Superhero Dad just how special he is. Take him on a journey from the first page to the last, with our Fathers Day Journal Tutorial.
Decorate a Father’s Day Journal | Tutorial
By: Linda Rose
- A5 Hardcover book
- Craft paint – white
- Modge Podge
- Water-based varnish
- Serviette of choice
- Soft gold taklon paint brush
- Bristle paint brush
- Craft knife
- Wooden embellishment
- Place a piece of paper inside the front page of the hardcover book.
- Paint the front cover with white craft paint using a bristle brush. 2 Coats are suggested.
- Leave to dry totally.
- Take the serviette and cut it to be slightly bigger then the book cover.
- Remove the 2 backing layers of the serviette, to only have the printed layer remaining.
- Place the serviette on the book and hold it down, using the gold taklon paint brush, gently apply the podge over the serviette from the center outwards, be careful not to tear the serviette.
- Once the serviette is glued down completely, dip your finger into the podge and go over the entire serviette to make sure the serviette is stuck down properly and that there are no creases or bubbles – especially around the sides.
- Leave it to dry totally.
- Once dry, trim the serviette edges nicely using a craft knife.
- Give it a layer of water-based varnish and when dry.
- Stick embellishments on to give it a personalized final touch.
If you decide to create this Fathers Day Journal Tutorial, make sure to snap a pic and share it on our Facebook Page! We hope you have a beautiful day spoiling your Dad! #ColourYourWorld