Transfer a photo onto a canvas.
By Linda Rose
Create a beautiful wall piece using only PNA products, a blank canvas and a picture of your choice. Here is what you will need and the steps you need to follow.
- Stretch canvas
- Photocopy of a photo or picture of your choice.
- Dala Gel Medium
- Flat bristle paint brush
- Rubber roller
- Soft cloth
- Water Based Varnish
- Embellishments of your choice
All products are available at PNA.
1. Paint a generous layer of Dala Gel Medium onto the face of your picture.
2 . Put the picture face down onto the canvas.
3. Take the rubber roller and gently roll over the picture. Wipe away any Gel Medium. Don’t press too hard as you can damage the canvas! Place it upside down on a towel and roll the rubber roller over the surface. Apply a little more pressure.
4. Turn it around and make sure that the picture is stuck down firmly and no air bubbles are visible. Leave overnight to dry properly.
5. Take a wet cloth and place it over the picture, leave it until the white of the paper is all wet.
6. Gently with the balls of your fingers. Rub away the white layer of the paper. Be careful not to rub too hard as you can damage the picture. Carry on until all white parts of the paper are removed. Leave to dry.
7. Apply a layer of Water Based Varnish.
8. To beautify your canvas, add embellishments as you wish.
Click here and stay updated with everything PNA: www.facebook.com/pnacolouryourworld